St. John of Kronstadt Orthodox Christian School is looking to hire teachers for the 2021- 22 school year. We have openings for a K-1st grade classroom teacher and a general elementary/middle school classroom teacher. We are looking for candidates with a love for children, a love for learning, and a committed Christian who supports Orthodox Christian education.
The candidate will be expected to effectively teach all subjects using a variety of curricula and have an understanding of the year-end goals for the grades being taught. The candidate will be expected to accurately assess students as they progress towards meeting or exceeding these goals.
- Candidate to be available by August 1, 2021
- Prior work experience in a school environment preferred
- Teaching certification preferred, but not required
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate flexibility, organization, and the ability to work well with others
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan
- Organize learning material and resources
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
- Assess students' performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on a regular basis
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities etc.) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social, and emotional skills (K-1 teacher)
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Excellent attendance required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We ask that interested candidates submit their resume and completed application by May 15, 2021.
St. John’s School serves grades K-8 in four multi-age-level classrooms and is located in Yakima, WA. For more information, or for an application, please email Jennifer Maher at email@example.com.