Annual Giving Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time (40hours/ week)
Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry
OCPM is a national, faith-based non-profit organization. OCPM serves those who are incarcerated and their families, and provides resources, training and support to our ministry partners so that lives are transformed and God is glorified.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and renewing donors below the major donor level. The Annual Giving Manager will be required to create much of the original communications content necessary to achieve annual giving goals.
The desired individual will have experience in seeing communications projects through to completion accompanied with practical skills for execution, such as graphic design or writing in the nonprofit setting. The candidate should have demonstrated tact in communications, confidence speaking to donors, be a self-starter, have strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail, and ability to work well with the OCPM team.
OCPM has no central office. The Annual Giving Manager will primarily report to and interact with the Executive Director and team members via email, phone, and video chat.
Project Management & Concept Creation
- Drives the communications calendar of OCPM, centered around a direct mail campaign, frequent email blasts, blog posts, article syndication, regular social media posts, podcasts, and any other relevant mass communication platforms.
- Leads the concept creation for all communications platforms, including but not limited to the design, layout, production, and mailing of OCPM direct mail, digital communications, and print marketing materials
- Manages various contributors and contractors to meet deadlines for communications deliverables
- Maintains relationships with preferred printers and mail houses in order to see direct mail and print communications projects to completion
Donor Management and Stewardship
- Leverages data and industry best-practice to communicate to various donor segments with maximum impact
- Works with the Executive Director to develop and implement stewardship and recognition strategies to build ongoing support and increased giving opportunities, including direct interaction with donors via phone or email
Content Creation & Brand Management
- Authors and provide written content for direct mail, blog, social media, email, and print communications pieces
- Coordinates the upkeep of OCPM’s website and updates design and content as needed
- Works to maintain brand consistency across all communications platforms
- Edits and proofreads content delivered by contributors and contractors
- Designs social media posts and formats the layout for regular blog posts and email blasts
- Maintains OCPM social media accounts for quality, user optimization, and to reflect the mission of OCPM
Volunteerism and Donor Program Engagement
- Identifies donors who are interested in volunteering and engage as a stewardship activity or to further the programmatic vision of OCPM
- Participates in the development of donor volunteer opportunities
Qualifications and experience
- Superior ability to manage priorities and workflow; proficiency in the writing and editing; strong verbal skills; problem-solving and analytical skills; experience with Adobe Creative Suite and G-suite is a plus; respectful and appreciative to OCPM’s mission; a self-starter needing little supervision.
- Associate"s degree or equivalent with 3-5 years related experience or combination of education and experience preferred.
- As a small organization, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required. Employees are expected to work collaboratively to ensure OCPM's success.
- OCPM does not have a central office. The candidate will work out of an office in his or her own home. OCPM will provide or pay for reasonable and necessary office supplies.
- OCPM is a small but growing organization. The candidate should feel comfortable in a startup-like environment where he or she can influence and help build the ministry.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (OCPM)
Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (OCPM)
P.O. Box 1597
New York, NY 10025
The mission of Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry (OCPM) is to serve those who are incarcerated and their families, and provide resources, training and support to our ministry partners. Please look through our website to learn more about the mission and vision of OCPM (www.theocpm.org).
Posted on: November 29, 2021