General Music Teacher Position
Agia Sophia Academy seeks an enthusiastic and inspiring teacher who is responsible for teaching music education to students in mixed level classes. This teacher guides student in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences which include singing, listening, moving to music/dancing, playing basic instruments, and school performances.
This is a part-time position with a competitive private school salary dependent upon education and experience. Teaching days are Monday, Wednesday & Friday afternoons, with an immediate start.
(if interested, this position may be combined with either the part-time PE and/or Greek Teacher Positions)
This position can be physically demanding and requires an energetic teacher with a love for integrating curriculum, strong communication skills, and interest in being part of a small, growing school.
- COVID vaccination currently required (or religious or medical exemption)
- Ability to work with musician of all skill levels
- Orff, Kodaly, or Dalcroze training (encouraged)
- Byzantine Chant and/or Orthodox Liturgical Music experience (preferred but not required)
- Bachelors in Music or Music Education & Oregon State Licensing (preferred) or relevant teaching experience
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop / Implement differentiated curriculum for mixed-age and ability classes (including ELL students)
- Regularly assess student progress and communicate effectively with parents and other teachers
- Plan, rehearse, and direct students in two evening musical programs for the school community (Dec/June)
- Maintains care/responsibility for school-owned music instruments & equipment to prevent loss/damage.
Classroom Grade Range:
- Montessori Primary (ages 3-6)
- Lower Elementary (grades 1st – 3rd)
- Upper Elementary (grades 3rd – 5th)
APPLICATION DEADLINE – OPEN UNTIL FILLED