Modern Greek Teaching Position
Agia Sophia Academy is looking for a part-time Greek Language Teacher who speaks Modern Greek with an interest and ability in helping ASA develop a vibrant Greek language and culture program.
This is a part-time position with a competitive private school pay dependent upon education and experience. Teaching days are Tuesday and Thursday mornings, with an immediate start.
(if interested, this position may be combined with either the part-time PE and/or Music Teacher Positions)
This position requires an energetic teacher with a love for integrating curriculum, strong communication skills, and interest in being part of a small, growing school.
- COVID vaccination currently required (or religious or medical exemption)
- Ability to instruct students in Greek Language instruction and culture (proficiency preferred)
- Classroom management skills (preschool & elementary experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Relevant teaching experience.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Prepare and develop mix-grade, level-appropriate lesson plans for Greek Language and Culture instruction.
- Regularly assess student progress and communicate effectively with parents and other teachers.
- Participate in curriculum development and training.
- Effectively implement the school's vision in the classroom and create a safe, supportive, and respectful classroom environment.
Classroom Grade Range:
- Montessori Primary (ages 3-6)
- Lower Elementary (grades 1st – 3rd)
- Upper Elementary (grades 3rd – 5th)
APPLICATION DEADLINE – OPEN UNTIL FILLED