St. Justin Martyr Orthodox Church
12460 Old St. Augustine Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32258
Phone: (904) 880-7671
Pastoral Assistant/Youth Director
The Pastoral Assistant leads in ministry with the youth and young adults and assists the rector in the administration of the parish; and is a leader in the community.
Preference will be given for a degree from an Orthodox seminary.
The candidate will need to have a healthy self-image, a can-do attitude, be flexible, resilient, have a sense of humor, be compassionate, love working with people and have good people skills.
Strong Administrative skills necessary. Must have vehicle and expect to travel as necessary.
Some duties of the Pastoral Assistant include, but is not limited to:
- Working with the Sunday School Coordinator and Youth Committee
- Teaching Sunday School/Inquirers, catechism class
- Social media/maintain/update websites
- Coordinate and lead Parish ministries- Young Families/Young Adult, Men’s/Ladies, Organize/prepare meeting agendas as assigned
- Day to day office administration
- Sunday bulletin
- Assist in cemetery, coordinate internments
- Assist in oversight of campus/maintenance/repairs
- Project Management as assigned
- Lead mission teams
- Attend meetings as directed
- Open and close church for services on an as needed basis—assist with all services as needed/appropriate
Full time. Starting salary $32,000
Send resume and cover letter to Sjmrector@gmail.com.