Administrative Coordinator, Y2AM
Department Mission Statement: To introduce young people to Christ and invite them to live out their relationship with the Lord in the Church.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position Reports To: Y2AM Director
Type: Full time
Last Revised: May 21, 2019
Location: New York, NY
Assist the National Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries (Y2AM) with all aspects of office responsibilities.
The following list represents the major tasks required of this position. Other duties may be assigned at the Y2AM Director’s discretion when conditions demand.
Be able to clearly and concisely articulate the vision of Y2AM, and use that vision to guide every aspect of ministry work.
- Answer Y2AM office phone.
- Field questions from parish priests and youth workers.
- Field voicemails left on Y2AM phone.
- Prepare check requests.
- Prepare expense requests.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Help National Director track income and expenses.
- Maintain petty cash.
- Submit hours for part-time staff.
- Prepare envelopes, labels, packaging for parish mailings.
- File past projects and maintain filing system.
- Maintain updated lists of youth directors and camp directors.
- Manage and replenish office inventory.
- Review and edit press releases and promotional materials for new Y2AM projects, announcements, and events and (once approved by National Director) send to appropriate contact for publication.
- Review and post job descriptions to OrthodoxJobs.com.
- Work with Graphic Designer to create flyers and promotional materials for distribution.
- Create, edit, design templates for, and send Y2AM email newsletters.
- Compile content for quarterly Orthodox Observer page.
- Be a key participant in daily Team meetings and pitch meetings.
- Be available to review and edit material prepared by other Team members, as needed.
- Review and post content to Y2AM social media channels.
- Maintain and update Y2AM website as needed.
Events, Retreats, and Conferences:
- Create and manage registration process for Y2AM events, retreats, and conferences. This includes maintaining communication with presenters and registrants, and also making sure each registration includes necessary information.
- Work with parishes to plan, coordinate dates and travel, send merchandise and booklets, create registration pages for monthly Be the Bee Retreats (“BeeTreats”).
- Attend Y2AM Team meetings, Archdiocesan Council meetings, national conferences, and other related events (will require travel outside of New York).
- Work with Team to plan and promote events and conferences, as needed.
- Book travel for Steve/Y2AM Team, as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- 4-year College degree.
- Experience working with Orthodox youth and young adults.
- Computer literate including the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and network environments. Mac preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professionalism and reliability.
- Attention to detail.
To apply, send an email with attached resume and cover letter to Y2AM@goarch.org