Saints Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church
11025 South Roberts Road
Palos Hills, IL 60465
Posted: July 10, 2020
A church administrative assistant attends to the many different office and administrative duties of the church. The church administrative assistant’s job description contains an assortment of duties including general office management, bookkeeping, and some facilities management.
Church administrative assistant serves beneath the church leaders and pastor, attending to the general running of the church office and addressing the church’s short- and long-term business dealings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Church Administrative Assistant
- Answers and screens all incoming calls, routing them to the appropriate departments/personnel when available and taking complete and accurate messages as needed followed by distributing them to proper person immediately.
- Responds to all mail & email correspondences
- Maintains an orderly and clean office and filing system.
- Manages the church’s schedule, accounting for all religious holidays, pastor’s duties, appointments with the ministry leaders, and events in the church facilities.
- Publishes the church bulletin with notices for anniversaries, christenings, baptisms, weddings, and other major events.
- Maintains the church website and updates with the church’s weekly sermons, bulletins, and events.
- Maintains all social media for the church.
- Answers information requests and fills out the necessary paperwork.
- Enters new visitor information into a database of parishioners, marks attendance, and sends notices and acknowledgements on important dates.
- Assists in entering totals for weekly tithes and donations, manages deposits into the church’s accounts, and works with the Church treasurer to report taxes.
- Oversees church staff files and maintains confidentiality on all information contained therein.
- Manages office supplies, keeps track of inventory, and makes purchases.
- Communicate and coordinate meetings, presentations, events between the school and church.
- Works alongside Pastor and other priests assigned to the parish to fulfill the objectives and tasks set forth from the Pastor, priests and/or church leadership.
- Works with the school admin to coordinate with church leadership and the principal.
- Works in conjunction with the Tech Committee appointed by the Parish Council.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and stick to weekly deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with an innovative approach to administration and a keen eye for detail.
- Must be respectful and appreciative of the church’s mission and message.
- Must be courteous and tactful with parishioners, especially in times of grief and crises in their lives.
- Must exercise exceptional judgment in dealing with sensitive and personal issues.
- Must be able to handle light bookkeeping.
- Must be an able and willing member of the church team.
- Must be comfortable with a wide range of individuals, able to work and comfortably.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and QuickBooks.
- Oversee and work with transition of a new database for all parishioners and duties of the parish.
- Establish workflows for all specified department areas of the church.
- Transition all systems (telephones, computers servers, database, etc.) to current standards of operation.
- Must be comfortable working with technology, oversee the functionality of social media/ website, evaluate, manage, performance, develop, maintain, and update social media/website content.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree recommended.
- At least two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Working knowledge of the Greek language is a bonus but not prerequisite.
- Time is spent in a church office, divided between clerical duties and attending to parishioners’ needs.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet regular weekly duties.
- The position is part-time, 3 days per week (8 hours per day). Position may turn full time
- The hourly pay is negotiable
- Send resume and/or questions to our office by email to attention Andy Kladis: email@example.com