We are looking for a clever, reliable person to organize our parish's day-to-day operations.
IS THAT YOU? If so, your job will be to provide administrative support to our pastor and employees and oversee all daily administrative activities. You must be highly organized and able to multitask with ease. Our ideal candidate has experience as an Office Administrator, Project Manager, or similar administrative role. You should be familiar with office software (e.g., Office), including word processors, spreadsheets, web page administration, and facilities management. Ultimately, a successful Administrator will make our parish office work with precision and harmony.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
The Parish Administrator (PA) oversees all day-to-day non-religious activities within our campus. This full-time position involves (1) supervising the parish office and other administrative staff, (2) assisting the pastor in his administration of the parish, (3) superintending Church grounds, rental properties, and parish facilities, (4) overseeing financial stewardship, and (5) assisting the parish treasurer and helping to maintain financial records.
A candidate should have good organizational and people skills and a demonstrable respect for the Church. The PA reports to the pastor day-to-day and monthly to the parish council.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude with an eye for detail
- Adherence of office policies and procedures
- Familiarity with typical office equipment
- Competency with office software (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Proficiency in basic business finance
- Capable of working in social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Preferred: experience working in office team environment
- Preferred: experience as an Administrator or Administrative Assistant
Salary and Benefits
Salary of $40,000 – $50,000 (depending on experience). Full Health, dental, and vision insurance. Cost of living and performance-based pay raises considered annually. Two weeks paid vacation.
All inquiries and resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.