St. George Orthodox Church has an immediate opening for a full-time position as the Mentor Program Director. Responsibilities include the spiritual and intellectual development of the Orthodox Christian young men and young women in our community. You will plan activities and workshops that support the academic needs of our youth, teach them leadership skills, and promote their spiritual growth.
The duties of the Mentor Program Director:
- Leadership of St. George Mentoring program, including program design, implementation, administration, Mentor & Mentee enrolment and training.
- Working with other members of St. George Church to design, lead, and organise Mentor program events for leadership, public speaking, music, healthy lifestyles, and spirituality.
- Becoming familiar with the Mentee population at St. George Church, learning about their skills and career aspirations, and then designing group mentoring events that will support them spiritually and emotionally. Teach them the skills to lead a healthy and vibrant life in Christ.
- Develop professional interpersonal relationships with Mentors and Mentees through regular phone calls, emails, and in person meetings, while being careful to always maintain a professional demeanour. Conversations should be supportive and lead to concrete improvement and results.
- Administration of academic tutoring program. Recruitment of qualified teaching professionals. Coordination of tutoring schedules for teachers and students.
- Management of Mentor Program Budget. Must understand financial terms and have ability to understand accounting terms and methods.
- Prepare colourful and informative quarterly reports for major donor. Includes photographs, written summaries, and highlights of recent Mentor program events with updated financials and projections as well as a summary of duties. Excellent time management skills a must.
- Production and Distribution of daily email newsletter with reflection and updated links.
- Maintain the Mentor program social media accounts with frequent updates.
- Maintain the Mentor program portion of the St. George Church website. Post news stories and update regularly with photos and write descriptions of events.
- Create on-line registration links for group events using Icon Rubix.
- Usage of Icon database to update and maintain information about the Mentee and Mentor population.
- Create and distribute email advertising for upcoming Mentor Program events using Constant Contact software.
- Design posters to advertise events in the parish.
- Design bulletin ads for upcoming events.
- Work with Youth Director, Church School Director, and other professionals in the parish to coordinate youth and young adult programming.
- Maintain the online calendar of events for all Mentor Program activities.
- Duties as assigned by the Pastor, working in collaboration with the other clergy and administrative staff. Ability to interact with clergy, parish council leadership, and other mature adults.
- Coordinate volunteers to support the work of the parish in the areas of accounting, marketing, communications, and other areas as needed.
- Availability to work nights and weekends on a recurring basis in order to host Mentor Program events. Responsibility to coordinate the clean-up and security of building after events.
- Attend mandatory Archdiocesan meetings as necessary.
- Prepare reports and participate in monthly Parish Council meetings as required.
- Follow the policies and procedures of St. George Orthodox Church and the Antiochian Archdiocese as determined.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as required.
Remuneration: Based on level of experience
Educational Level: Master’s degree in theology, education, or related field preferred
Time Commitment: Forty hours per week plus attendance at church services
Benefits: Payroll taxes, EI, QPP (Other as Determined)
Covered Expenses: Travel to mandatory Archdiocesan events, and other as approved in advance
Vacation: Based on level of experience
Language: Must have exceptional verbal and written expression in English. Fluency in French and Arabic are highly recommended.
Travel: No recurrent travel required. May be required to attend off-site and/or overnight conferences retreats and seminars.
Background Check: Candidates must successfully pass a police background check.
To Learn More
For further information and a detailed job description, please contact Fr. Joseph Purpura, pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.