Summary: Preschool Director who supervises the programming for the St. George Preschool Academy
- Preschool Director Qualifications as indicated in the Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers that is part of the Bureau of Community and Health Systems, Child Care Licensing Division, State of Michigan. (see attachment 1)
- Two semester hours or 3 CEUSs in child care administration
- Three or more years of successful teaching experience
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to recognize problem areas and seek and provide solutions to increase efficiency
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff as well as community members
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Preschool Academy and the before and after child care program
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training of employees for the Preschool Academy under the direction and approval of the St. George Preschool Academy Committee, the Parish Council, and/or the Parish Priest.
- Implement programs and curriculum to meet the current and future needs of students consistent with the St. George Preschool Mission Statement (see attachment 2) and the National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators (NAECTE)
- Supervise the work of teachers, instructors, and other program staff on a daily basis
- Evaluate the performance of staff
- Be knowledgeable of weekly plans and activities through teachers’ lesson plans
- Plan and implement special school functions
- Collaborate with teachers on field trips and parent communications and assist when necessary
- Responsible for completion of licensing renewals
- Maintain and ensure staff files (health, abuse, applications, TB fingerprints, etc.)
- Responsible for review and accuracy of staff time sheets
- Address complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Plan and oversee staff professional development
- Communicate effectively with all staff, families, and Pre School Academy Committee/Parish Council
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $50,000 base with flexibility depending on background and experience
WORK YEAR: 190 days
TO BEGIN: TBD but no later than June 2021
Interested applicants should send resumes to: Stgeorge48302@hotmail.com
Preschool Director Qualifications as indicated in the Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers that is part of the Bureau of Community and Health Systems, Child Care Licensing Division, State of Michigan.
Rule 400.8113(9) requires that program director meet 1 of the following to qualify as program director:
(a) Bachelor's degree or higher in early childhood education or child development.
(b) Bachelor's degree or higher in a child-related field with 18 semester hours in early childhood education or child development and 480 hours of experience.
A child-related field means elementary education, child guidance/counseling, child psychology, family studies, and social work.
(c) Associates degree in early childhood education or child development with 18 semester hours in early childhood education or child development and 480 hours of experience.
(d) Montessori credential with 18 semester hours in early childhood education or child development and 960 hours of experience.
A Montessori credential means a credential issued by the Association Montessori International (AMI), American Montessori Society (AMS), or any Montessori teaching training institution recognized by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher
Education (MACTE) that meets or exceeds 270 hours of academic training.
(e) Valid Child development associate credential with 18 semester hours in early childhood education or child development and 960 hours of experience.
The Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) is a nationally recognized credential that requires 480 hours of experience working with children and 120 clock hours of training. The clock hours can be obtained at the community college or higher level or through other organizations. For more information about the CDA, contact the Council for Professional Recognition at 800-424-4310 or visit the CDA website. Any program director qualified after September 1, 2012 with a CDA must have and maintain a valid CDA to be and remain qualified as a program director.
(f) 60 semester hours with 18 semester hours in early childhood education or child development and 1920 hours of experience.
Rule 400.8113(13) states:
All program directors shall have at least 2 semester hours or 3.0 CEUs in child care administration or have an administrative credential approved by the department. These semester hours may satisfy a portion of the requirements of subrules (9) and (10) of this rule.
St George Pre-School Academy Mission Statement
- To provide a safe learning environment where mistakes are revered as learning tools.
- To provide an environment where young children can experience the values of love, kindness, sharing, and empathy.
- To provide an environment which is developmentally appropriate and that nurtures and promotes social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth, as well as cooperative learning.
- To provide a Christian environment where learning is encouraged.