Shining Cross Academy at
Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church
Cardiff-By-The-Sea, California 92007
Preschool Classroom Teacher/Director
Shining Cross Academy - Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA
Responsible for planning and teaching in a Christian preschool classroom. Providing leadership to a Christian preschool. Collaboration and cooperation are key parts of this position. We desire a dependable, mature, and responsible person who is able to integrate her/his love for Christ with her/his responsibilities as teacher and director of the preschool. The staff strives to make a significant contribution to the children they serve, creating an environment that builds security, trust, confidence, independence and enthusiasm. Position now open.
- 24 Early Childhood Education units
- Director’s certificate
Duties and Responsibilities of Teacher:
- Planning and implementing an age appropriate curriculum that agrees with the school philosophy and includes the total development of the child in a loving Christian atmosphere.
- Keeps classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Ensure biblical curriculum is integrated, presented and followed.
- Schedule fieldtrips and extra events such as holidays and speakers for the parents
- Ensure that students are academically ready for entrance into Kindergarten
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events
- Signed acknowledgement of Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church Statement of Faith
Duties and Responsibilities of Director:
- Maintain confidential files and handle parent requests and inquiries with the utmost discretion and in a timely manner.
- Maintain preschool databases of schedules and tuition
- Responsible for the recruiting, interviewing staff and supervision of staff
- Leads marketing of the school
- Updates and maintains the preschool website and Marketing materials
- Manages fundraising to achieve monetary goals
- Prepare financial reports for the Church bookkeeper and Secretary
- Updates and maintains current Parent Handbook
- Updates and maintains Student Enrollment Packet
Application Process: Send resume and transcript to our office by email. We will call for an interview. Shiningcrossinfo@gmail.com
Job Type: 7 - 8 hours per day
Salary: $18 - 20 / hour
Experience: Preschool: 1 year (required)
Licensing/Certification(s): Child/infant CPR certification, Director’s certificate
Pay Frequency: Twice monthly