Clinic Administrator, Guatemala - OCMC Missionary Assignment
The Orthodox Christian Mission Center is looking to fill an interim missionary assignment as a Clinic Administrator for the Father Andres Giron Medical Clinic which is attached to the Cathedral and Seminary in Aguacate, Guatemala. The missionary would be in this position for up to 2 years or longer, until an indigenous replacement is found and trained.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing, organizing and maintaining patient medical records
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of pharmacy and diagnostic/testing equipment and ordering medications and maintenance as needed
- Maintain patient treatment protocols as the medical advisory board develops them
- Supervise the clinic cleanliness program, coordinate with resident and visiting medical and dental personnel to determine needs, and make recommendations for procurement.
- The missionary will assist in resource development for self, telemedicine program, and eventual indigenous permanent medical clinic administrator.
- May be involved in initiating, coordinating, and/or managing various projects
- Proficiency in Spanish, but at a bare minimum, basic Spanish conversational ability (CEFR A2, elementary) to be able to navigate day-to-day life in Aguacate, and communicate with Guatemalan priests, clinical staff, and assist making group reservations for visiting medical teams
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Good organizational skills
Additional Preferred Skills
- Proficiency in organizing groups and planning travel
- An ability to work with media, i.e., videos, video-teleconferencing, and social media
- This position does not require a medical degree, certification or experience, but any acquaintance with medical terminology and procedures is a plus.
Please contact OCMC at firstname.lastname@example.org for a more detailed job description and to arrange for an interview to discuss further.