Hellenic College Holy Cross (HCHC)
50 Goddard Ave
Brookline, MA 02445
Phone: (617) 731-3500
Marketing Design and Communications Manager
Hellenic College Holy Cross (HCHC) is the intellectual, educational, and spiritual formation center of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, stimulating, developing, and sustaining ordained and lay vocations for service to Church and society, based on faith. HCHC collaborates with Orthodox Church-affiliated institutions and ministries and offers opportunities for lifelong learning.
The Marketing Design Manager oversees the Office of Marketing and Communications and works as the lead graphic designer on all HCHC marketing and communications materials. These materials include, but are not limited to, posters, brochures, multi-page publications, marketing collateral, institutional advancement materials, print ads, signage, and invitations, as well as email and online media campaigns. He/she is responsible for developing and maintaining HCHC brand standards and ensuring that the integrity of the HCHC brand is upheld across all internal and external channels of communication. Interface with information technology.
- Design marketing materials for print and web in accordance with HCHC brand standards.
- Manage all aspects of the HCHC website (design, development, content, SEO).
- Develop and manage HCHC’s social media content strategy. Create and curate content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube and schedule daily posts.
- Design and develop HTML email campaigns.
- Coordinate photography for on-campus events and manage photo asset library.
- Provide oversight and art direction to outside vendors and freelance print and web designers as needed.
- Facilitate the production of print work with offsite vendors.
- Write and edit copy for marketing and public relations projects as needed.
- Write and edit media releases.
- Write and edit communications.
- Disseminate news releases/announcements to internal and external clients as appropriate.
- Direct team of student workers to assist with marketing and communications initiatives.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- BA or BS in related field required; Master’s degree/professional certifications preferred.
- 5-8 years of graphic and web design experience working in a collaborative, creative, and deadline-driven environment. Not-for-profit design and marketing experience a plus.
- Experience in writing and communications.
- Experience managing diverse teams preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to completion
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and manage diverse personalities
- High level of proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment
- Social media proficiency and knowledge of best practices
- Experience with XHTML, HTML5, CSS, and UX design best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience implementing SEO strategies
- Proficiency using Basecamp to manage projects and streamline workflow
- Web development experience a plus
- Solid understanding of the Orthodox Christian faith
Documents for Submission:
- Resume with cover letter
- Link to online graphic design portfolio
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer.
A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued