Holy Apostles Greek Orthodox Church
2501 South Wolf Road
Westchester, IL 60154
Are you passionate about numbers? Are you looking to serve God with your time and talent? Holy Apostles Greek Orthodox is seeking an experienced part-time Bookkeeper. Responsibilities include ensuring the church properly uses funds and meets its financial obligations while overseeing the church's financial transactions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pay bills and maintain sufficient cash flow for the church.
- Take in and deposit income, donations, and stewardship into church accounts.
- Track and record church income from donations and sales.
- Track and reconcile bank and credit card account statements.
- Review and implement the church's budget.
- Prepare financial reports for the Treasurer and Parish Council.
- Ensure that tax documents are prepared and filed on time.
- Oversees payroll using Payville.
- Manage cemetery plots ownership and reconcile sales.
- Work to streamline processes, save costs, and create efficiencies where possible.
Candidates should have experience and be:
- Proficient at with WindowsOS and Microsoft Office365.
- Proficient user of Quickbooks Online.
- Proficient user of Parish Data Systems (PDS).
- Proficient use of Google Drive and shared documents.
- Able to conduct online banking transactions and reconcile online statements.
- Proficient user of Vanco (online giving and payment processing platform)
- Ensure financial security and confidentiality
This position is part-time, approximately 10 hours per week
Hourly Pay: DOE (Depends on Experience)
If you wish to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume by August 7, 2020, to one of the contacts listed below. Our final candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Father Nicholas Georgiou: email@example.com
Nick Kouchis, Parish Council President: firstname.lastname@example.org