Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum
Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral
3131 NE Glisan St
Portland, OR 97232
Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum (HACCM) Executive Director
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director is a full-time position of HACCM and is responsible in collaboration with the Board of Directors, for overseeing the administration, programs and advancement of its mission. Key duties include fundraising, marketing, management of staff and assisting the HACCM Board. The Executive Director will report to the HACCM President (who directs Museum operations) and support the Chairman of the Board, “who leads a working Board of Directors.”
- Serve as the primary spokesperson to HACCM’s patrons, the media, schools, and the general public.
- Create and maintain systems to manage donor and community relations.
- Promote HACCM’s programs to potential and existing audiences and the general public.
- Manage regular museum operation hours.
- Prepare and disseminate marketing, publicity, and public relations material, as directed.
Development and Fundraising
- Build a wide network of support for the organization
- Cultivate, solicit and develop steward relationships with potential and existing donors,
- Including individuals, foundations, government agencies, and corporate partners.
- Research and develop grant opportunities to support museum objectives and submit to the Board for approval.
- Review contracts for services and submit to the Board for approval.
- Knowledge of fund-raising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Assist the Board in planning HACCM’s annual budget.
- Monitor HACCM’s financial position and make recommendations to the Board as appropriate, to ensure the strong fiscal health of the organization.
- Assist with recruitment, training and coordination of volunteers
- Structure and maintain office filing system, including electronic and hard copy files for collections and other donated and loaned materials.
- Work flexible hours according to the needs of the organization.
- Cultivate a positive and productive environment for the museum, Board, visitors, and volunteers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
Strategic Planning & Board Support
- Review, expand, and execute the strategic plan in collaboration with the Board to implement the mission objectives of HACCM.
- Provide administrative support to the HACCM Board and committees including scheduling
- Assist with recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to work with Board, committees, corporate and individual donors, art and museum communities, museum exhibitors and programmers
- Experience and strong ability to coordinate multiple projects and assignments
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Quick Books, PowerPoint, and Past Perfect
- Experience in public relations
- Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- A four-year college degree
- Experience in museum and cultural center work
- Experience in planning, developing, and managing budgets in curator activities
- Knowledge of social media
- Experience in fund-raising strategies and donor relations
- Experience in Hellenic-American culture
Compensation Package $60,000 to $75,000
Visit hellenicamericancc.org for requirement and to apply