FOCUS North America Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
FOCUS North America is a national movement of Orthodox Christians, united in faith and joined by a desire to provide action-oriented and sustainable solutions to poverty in communities across America. FOCUS has operations and youth volunteer experiences in more than 50 cities in the United States. All of FOCUS North America’s services are provided without discrimination of any kind. We do not require any faith commitment from anyone we help. Our organization exists solely to transform the lives of the homeless and poor in America, moving them from dependency to self-sufficiency, by providing food, occupation, clothing, understanding and shelter. The FOCUS North America Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a vital role in the exciting growth and ongoing success of our organization.
The FOCUS North America Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is an Officer of the Organization, a member of the Senior Management Team and as such has joint responsibility for the development and execution of organizational strategy and effectiveness. The CFO is responsible for the overall management of the FOCUS financial operations, including compliance with all financial and commodity management and reporting requirements of FOCUS and any applicable statutory and donor agencies. The CFO reports to the FOCUS North America Executive Director (CEO). The CFO position is a full time employment, flexible work arrangement opportunity with benefits.
- Oversee all FOCUS financial operations, policies, procedures and accounting, reporting, supervision and development of accounting and finance personnel
- Maintain records on all activities conducted and services provided, including but not limited to statistical reports outlined by the FOCUS Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Provide all financial statements for FOCUS operations: National and Centers
- Collaborate with FOCUS NA Executive Management
- Participate in the FOCUS NA strategic planning process
- Visit and attend nonprofit, community development/advocacy and/or networking meetings consistent with the FOCUS mission
- Manage relationship with government and agency officials related to FOCUS operations
- Develop, document policies and procedures for approval with Finance, Audit and related Committees of the FOCUS NA Board of Directors
- Ensure documentation of all grants, bequests and related sources of funding and compliance with Donor Rights
- Oversee and develop annual budgets, amendments and variance analysis
The successful candidate will be a highly professional, proven leader with the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of non-profit social service and community development business
- Familiarity with federal, state and local laws regarding operation of nonprofit organizations providing homeless and domestic social service/entitlement programs
- Three plus years’ experience in nonprofit organization as CFO or VP of Finance or Controller or equivalent senior management and responsibility; five years preferred
- College degree in Accounting or Finance, advanced degree preferred
FOCUS North America offers a comprehensive benefit package, the opportunity to work with great people and a rewarding work environment. If you are excited about working as part of a dynamic team in an energized service organization that values its missions, then we want to hear from you.
Position is open until filled, but interviews are expected to begin the week of August 24th. Submit letters of interest and resumes inclusive of 3 professional references to email@example.com. FOCUS headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, PA. While residency in or relocation to the Pittsburgh area is preferred, this is not a requirement.