Summer Internship - CrossRoad Summer Institute
Boston & Chicago
Office of Vocation & Ministry at Hellenic College
Institution: Hellenic College
Reports to CrossRoad Director/Assistant Director
About CrossRoad: CrossRoad is an engaging summer institute for Orthodox Christian high school juniors and seniors sponsored by the Office of Vocation & Ministry at Hellenic College. CrossRoad offers two ten-day sessions on the campus of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, Massachusetts, as well as a third session on the campus of North Park University in Chicago, Illinois.
The Office of Vocation and Ministry (OVM) and CrossRoad Summer Institute at Hellenic College seeks to hire an intern who would enjoy being a part of our fast-paced, organized, and technologically-oriented office before and during the three sessions of CrossRoad in Boston & Chicago (May 26 – July 31, 2020). The OVM/CrossRoad is comprised of a small, dynamic team dedicated to fulfilling its mission to train, educate and inspire the next generation of leaders for the Orthodox Church. During the summer, the intern would serve as a backbone to the CrossRoad program, assisting in all logistical and administrative tasks to make sure the program runs smoothly. They will also have the opportunity to sit in on some of the classes/sessions during the CrossRoad program, to develop their theological knowledge.
Through this position the intern will gain experience in project management, event coordination, and task management and will gain first-hand experience as to the inner workings of a vibrant ministry in the Orthodox Church.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Office of Vocation & Ministry/CrossRoad Summer Institute
- Order necessary materials and supplies for office and CrossRoad Summer Institute
- Answer phones
- Photocopy and distribute materials
- Manage all CrossRoad mailings
- Maintain correspondence with CrossRoad participants re requirements for attendance (ie. health forms, permission slips, etc.)
- Maintain organization and perform daily operations as needed or assigned
- Support CrossRoad Director and Assistant Director with any and all administrative tasks
- Maintain files and database for CrossRoad participants
- Manage catering for CrossRoad meals
- Manage transportation logistics
- Adhere to and enforce all CrossRoad program policies
- Establish and maintain contact with business partners, Hellenic College and Holy Cross faculty and staff, various clergy members, and other close associates of the program as needed or assigned
- Review CrossRoad Classroom curriculum and upload to website videos
- Other duties and tasks as needed
Skills and attributes
- Excellent organizational skills (including computer file organization)
- Excellent knowledge of the internet and how to utilize it in organizing and planning events
- Ability to product search and compare online
- Friendly and competent phone manners
- Good rapport with teenagers and college students
- Team-oriented approach to program planning and implementation
- Flexibility and adaptability in planning and carrying out program events
- Ability to produce and manage task list
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission and vision of the OVM and CrossRoad
- Strong command of grammatical English
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong knowledge of all MS Office Programs – in particular, Word, Excel and Publisher
- Knowledge of website updating strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Gmail and other Google applications
- Photo/File uploading
Dates/Hours: Approximately 30 hours a week starting May 26 and ending July 31, 2020. Flexibility required when the 30 hours take place during the three CrossRoad sessions (June 13- June 23, June 30-July 10 and July 20 - July 30, 2020. Breaks and rest periods during and in between sessions to be determined with supervisor.
Flights to and from Chicago covered by CrossRoad.
Compensation: $3,800 stipend, housing from May 26-July 31, meals during the program.
How to Apply: Email the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter