Photography/Media Internship - CrossRoad Summer Institute
Boston & Chicago
Office of Vocation & Ministry at Hellenic College
Institution: Hellenic College
Reports to CrossRoad Director/Assistant Director
About CrossRoad: CrossRoad is an engaging summer institute for Orthodox Christian high school juniors and seniors sponsored by the Office of Vocation & Ministry at Hellenic College. CrossRoad offers two ten-day sessions on the campus of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, Massachusetts, as well as a third session on the campus of North Park University in Chicago, Illinois.
The Office of Vocation and Ministry (OVM) and CrossRoad Summer Institute at Hellenic College seeks to hire a photography/media intern who would enjoy being a part of our fast-paced, organized, and technologically-oriented office during the three sessions of CrossRoad (June 13-July 30, 2020). The OVM/CrossRoad is comprised of a small, dynamic team dedicated to fulfilling its mission to train, educate and inspire the next generation of leaders for the Orthodox Church. During the summer, the intern would serve as the main photographer and social media coordinator for the program, capturing the program through various media channels and disseminating to our outside constituents.
Through this position the intern will gain experience in project management, media and advertising, and will gain first-hand experience as to the inner workings of a vibrant ministry in the Orthodox Church.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Office of Vocation & Ministry/CrossRoad Summer Institute (Boston Sessions)
- Take photos daily, upload to CrossRoad computer, organize, and edit
- Update website daily with photos during both sessions
- Maintain a daily blog of days activities to post on website
- Capture and coordinate posts for all social media channels (Facebook and Instagram)
- Assist the videographer with any additional media efforts
- Adhere to and enforce all CrossRoad program policies
- Other duties and tasks as needed
Skills and attributes
- Excellent organizational skills (including computer file organization)
- Strong time management skills
- Good rapport with teenagers and college students
- Team-oriented approach to program planning and implementation
- Flexibility and adaptability in planning and carrying out program events
- Ability to produce and manage task list
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission and vision of the OVM and CrossRoad
- Strong command of grammatical English
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong competency in using a camera and coordinating media/technology
- Strong competency and former experience using Photoshop etc. is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of website updating strongly preferred (Wordpress)
- Photo/File uploading
Dates/Hours: Approximately 30 hours a week starting June 11 and ending July 31, 2020. Flexibility required when the 30 hours take place during the three CrossRoad sessions (June 13- June 23, June 30-July 10 and July 20 - July 30, 2020. Breaks and rest periods during and in between sessions to be determined with supervisor.
Flights to and from Chicago covered by CrossRoad.
Coverage: $2,500 stipend, housing from June 11-July 31, meals during the program.
How to Apply: Email the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter