2021-22 Elementary Teaching Position
Agia Sophia Academy is looking for an Elementary Teacher who is a passionate educator, committed Christian, and is interested in teaching in a caring, holistic environment. Our blended-grade class sizes are small, the curriculum is hands-on and integrated, and our staff is dedicated and collaborative. The opportunity to teach to the whole child in an academically rich and nurturing Orthodox Christian environment is a unique and joy-filled experience!
This is a full-time position with competitive private school salary & benefits dependent upon education and experience.
This position will require an enthusiastic teacher with a love for integrating curriculum, strong communication skills, and interest in being part of a small, growing school. Position begins August 25, 2021.
- Proven classroom management skills, where every student is engaged and able to achieve at high levels.
- Instruction and assessment of students in all subject areas.
- Effective communication with parents and involvement in community events.
- Curriculum development, classroom setup and the ability to implement the school’s vision.
- Active participation in regular staff training and professional development opportunities.
- Oregon Teaching License preferred, or comparable teaching experience with willingness to pursue state licensure.
- Orthodox Christian preferred, or committed Christian who supports Orthodox Christian education.
Send a letter of interest, a resume, two letters of recommendation, and a completed application (available at www.asapdx.org/about-us/employment) to Jobs@asapdx.org or mail to: Personnel Subcommittee, Agia Sophia Academy, 14485 SW Walker Road, Beaverton, OR 97006
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 1, 2021