Certified Elementary Education Teacher
Pythagoras Children's Academy (PCA) is an Orthodox Christian Parochial School in Elmhurst, IL, currently serving Preschool through 5th grade. The school's mission is to provide the highest quality education rooted in Hellenism and Orthodoxy. PCA strives for academic excellence, to provide students with the skills necessary to have a competitive advantage not only in school and education, but in life as well by focusing on family bonding and values, Christian Orthodox education, the Greek language, history, and Hellenic culture.
- Teach reading, language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science to students in a classroom, using the course of study adopted by the School Board and other appropriate learning activities. Integrate technology into lessons, including but not limited to computers, Smart Board and other appropriate learning activities. Integrate technology into lessons, including but not limited to computers, Smart Board, IPads, etc.
- Along with the Director, create an appropriate curriculum based on Common Core and school standards and goals. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students' academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students' progress and interpret the school program. Create and maintain a class website, and compose a monthly newsletter.
- Identify student needs and collaborate with peers to develop appropriate modifications necessary to meet individual student's behavior challenges and learning needs.
- Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with the school testing program, including NWEA and AimsWeb.
- Participate in faculty/staff meetings and school events, including Curriculum Night, Open House, Greek Parade, School Programs, and other events requested by the Director.
- All applications must be certified teacher.
- How many years of Teaching experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Teaching Certificate?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
View this job posting in PDF Format.