Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church
Pastoral Assistant/Youth Director
Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church in Yonkers, NY is seeking a Pastoral Assistant/Youth Director to help build our Youth program and work with the current priest on daily needs of the parish. The individual should be an active Orthodox Christian who will work under the direct supervision of the Priest and the current Youth Director.
The Pastoral Assistant’s responsibility is the youth ministry along with any responsibilities assigned by the Priest in areas of worship and parish ministries. The Pastoral Assistant should be a self starter and self motivated to work with the parents and youth in the community to organize events for the youth.
- Design and develop a strategic plan to improve youth ministry programs including, but not limited to, Hope, Joy, GOYA, and YAL.
- Develop an annual calendar schedule of meetings and activities for the youth groups such as Bible Study, etc.
- Develop a program to stay in contact with youth as they go to colleges and universities and help them stay connected with the Orthodox faith.
- Incorporate technology familiar to youth in ministry outreach via social media, email, etc.
- Assist in managing the church office including but not limited to generating the weekly/monthly bulletins, answering phone calls and emails.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and engage youth with age appropriate topics.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with members from other organizations.
- Ability to plan and organize work processes and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to utilize modern technology uncluding social media to engage the community
- Comfortable working in an unstructured environment.
- The Pastoral Assistant will report directly to the Priest on all spiritual matters and youth program development.