Orthodox Christian Mission Center
220 Mason Manatee Way
St. Augustine, FL 32086
Phone: (904) 829-5132
Toll Free: 1-877-463-6784
DOES YOUR WORK MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD?
Now is a great time to join and lead the Orthodox Christian Mission Center’s development team. Get all the benefits of applying your professional talents in an Orthodox Christian missionary-based non-profit that reaches throughout the world, changing lives and saving souls. Your creativity and energy are what we need!
As Development Director you will lead development initiatives, manage all department staff and fundraising activities, as well as work with and develop a high-level personal portfolio.
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $125,000.
- At least 5 years of prior Development Director experience is required.
- Position is located in St. Augustine, Florida.
Make a difference in the world today and send your resume to email@example.com, attention Fr. Martin Ritsi.
OCMC Development Director Job Description
About this Role:
To support our mission, OCMC seeks to hire a Director of Development. This full-time position will lead fundraising success across a broad portfolio of OCMC donors and supporters. This is a leadership position, responsible for results and for effectively leading and managing OCMC staff, resources and assets to achieve these goals.
- Plan and execute a comprehensive advancement program that includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all donors for annual giving, major gifts, and capital/endowment campaigns
- Develop Strategy and Fundraising Plans that will achieve growth goals and include specific approaches for the portfolio’s segments
- Manage a personal portfolio of 100 to 125 individual donor prospects.
- Manage foundation relations including research, grant proposal writing, and stewardship.
- Lead and manage fundraising and marketing/communication staff, fundraising resources, brand assets, event planning, and donor recognition
- Obtain approval from Executive Director (ED) for the team’s plans and initiatives, coordinate with ED during execution and help arrange and support ED’s fundraising activities
- Lead the organization in fundraising across broad donor classes, using traditional fundraising methods (e.g., direct mail) and newer approaches (e.g., social media)
- Ensure accuracy of donor data and fundraising metrics, and appropriately integrate information with Financial and Communications systems
- Oversee a prospect management process that supports the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, Mission Center Directors and Development staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Five to eight years of professional non-profit fundraising experience as Development Director with a proven track record of achieving results, including significant major leadership gifts and capital/endowment campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Graduate Degrees in relevant area of study preferred
- Experience managing a large portfolio of donors and achieving goals across the portfolio
- Experience managing other fundraising and marketing staff effectively
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to foster and manage internal and external key relationships are essential
- Basic knowledge of Orthodox Christian Church doctrines, tradition and culture, preferred
- Basic understanding of international mission ideologies and programs preferred
- Proven results in traditional and emerging fundraising techniques and communications
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well with a wide variety of people, including other staff, board of directors, donors, missionaries, and church leaders and parishioners
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to understand dynamics of a national organization with multiple international operations
- CFRE certification not required but will be considered an asset.
- Stationed in OCMC’s St. Augustine, FL Headquarters.
- Significant travel required (40% or more).
- Extensive typing and computer work required.
- Classification: Exempt
- Reports to: Executive Director of OCMC
- Supervises: All Development Staff: Major Giving, Annual, Direct Mail, Events, and Marketing/Communications staff
- Based at OCMC headquarters in St. Augustine, Florida
- $90,000 - $125,000