St. Nectarios Greek Orthodox Church
133 S Roselle Rd.
Palatine, IL 60067 USA
Phone: (847) 358-5170
Day School Director
We are seeking a Director for our Day School, an Orthodox faith based early childhood program which integrates academic excellence alongside the spiritual, moral, cognitive and social aspects of child development. The Day School Director is responsible for the administration, development and direction of the Day School programs and exercises immediate supervision over the part-time employees of the Day School.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of a four-year college or university with a major in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience teaching in a reputable preschool program
- Must have two years’ experience as director or assistant director of a reputable preschool program
- Knowledge of the Illinois Early Learning Standards
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid or be willing to attain certification.
- Proficient computer skills
- Plan and organize Day School programs keeping them innovative and responsive to the parent and children’s needs.
- Assist the teaching staff with their monthly lesson plans, making sure that lesson plans are current and reflect the philosophy and mission statement of the Day School
- Teach one class per year
- Direct monthly staff meetings
- Hire, train and evaluate teachers
- Direct and prepare materials for student orientation
- Act as a substitute teacher when needed
- Responsible for directing one yearly fund raiser
- Work in cooperation with the Day School Parent Association (DSPA) to develop a connection between preschool and home by encouraging parent involvement through volunteer opportunities and financial support
- Develop marketing, advertising and recruitment plan as needed to maintain optimal school enrollment
- Conduct tours for prospective families and organize all marketing and enrollment materials
- Serve as liaison between the Day school, the Parish Council and the Church community, articulating priorities and maintaining open and ongoing communication
- Work effectively with the Church staff regarding scheduling events, physical plant and personnel
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume Amelia at email@example.com.