About The Metropolis
The mission of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh is to proclaim and live the Orthodox Faith by producing a Christ-centered ministry through service, teaching, and transparent administration. The Metropolis is currently undertaking a capital campaign to build a new spiritual and administrative center that will be a tool to bring people to Jesus Christ and support the work of clergy, volunteers, and parishes.
The Campaign Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Capital Campaign committee during the Metropolis’ campaign. Responsibilities include a wide variety of tasks to support campaign operations and frontline fundraisers. Provides general program and administrative support to ensure all operations run smoothly and efficiently.
• Proper entry of all gifts (including in-kind) into Database
• Sending of appropriate acknowledgement letter within 48 hours of gift receipt
• Addition of donors to appropriate email lists.
• Compiles database queries and generates reports from exported data.
• Author and provide regular campaign updates to donors.
• Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and
coordinates related arrangements.
• Organizes and maintains the filing and retention of both paper and electronic
• Preparation of Monthly campaign donation and status reports
• Preparation of Releases for major Metropolis events, project milestones, etc.
• Collection of articles & layout for monthly Newsletter
• 6-7 daily posts/links/shares on social media (can use aggregator to post to multiple
platforms at once)
• Collection of articles & layout for Annual Report
• Promote upcoming Metropolis events via social media & listservs
• Post relevant articles, photos, and documents to website
Position Classification: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Capital Campaign Committee Chair (primary for tasks) & Chancellor (on behalf of
Location: Shadyside neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA
Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area of study, graduate degrees preferred
• Minimum of two years professional experience working on fundraising campaigns or in a development office.
• Experience managing a portfolio of donors and customer relationship database
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage internal and external key relationships are essential
• Basic knowledge of Orthodox Christian Church doctrines and tradition
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to work well with a wide variety of people. Exceptional communication skills
Stationed in the Metropolis’ Pittsburgh, PA headquarters. Extensive typing and computer work required.