OccupationsAdministrative-Clerical: Administrative Support, Data Entry-Order Processing, Executive Support, Filing-Records Management, General-Other: Administrative-Clerical, Office Management, Reception-Switchboard, Secretary-Executive Assistant, Transcription
· Ability to meet people comfortably and confidently.
· Personable and respectful on the phone and in correspondence.
· Organized, competent, efficient and creative.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
· Computer proficient in Microsoft Office and Publisher.
· Proficient in navigating social media outlets.
· Writing and creative ability, profess proficiency in grammar, usage and style.
· Self- initiating, always seeking ways to relieve Clergy of administrative burdens.
· Trustworthy to follow through with delegated responsibilities in a timely manner.
· Team building skills and able to create and/or improve systems to make them work more efficiently.
· Able to safeguard confidential material.
· Not necessarily a member of this church, but an active member of another Christian church.
· Post high school vocational/specialized training or an associate’s degree.
· Previous experience in administrative assistant role preferred.
· Provide administrative staff support services to the Clergy and Pastoral Staff.
· Provide direct administrative staff support services to the Secretary of the Parish Council.
· Provide primary phone coverage (first to answer all incoming calls).
· Receive incoming calls, answer questions and provide information whenever possible.
· Screen voicemails left on Parish telephone system and forward information to Clergy or other appropriate Parish Staff, Parish Council Members, ADS, or other appropriate persons.
· Respond to all emails and voicemails not directly relevant to pastoral duties, solicitation for financial support, questions regarding gifts and contributions and scheduling.
· Take complete and accurate messages and route calls to appropriate staff members.
· Welcome guests and parishioners by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries.
· Manage and coordinate all electronic media including: (a) editing and sending announcements to various groups within the Parish, and (b) posting new events to online Parish calendar.
· Maintain and update internal office Parish calendar and maintain and update Parish website.
· Manage, which includes the monitoring of, posting to and updating of, all social media outlets.
· Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintain equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Notify staff members and volunteers of committee meetings and assist with preparation of committee meeting documents as needed.
· Provide support to Admin 2 with compilation and distribution of all Parish publications, including the Weekly Worship Guide, the Weekly Bulletin, the Annunciator, and other informational flyers and newsletters.
· Bulk mailings: reproduce, fold, address and prepare mailings.
· Sort and distribute incoming mail.
· Assist with special Parish events including General Assemblies and Parish Council elections.
· Provide administrative support to Atlanta Greek Festival.
· Support the Pastoral Staff with any tasks that might be done to free them as much as possible to remain dedicated to their clerical and pastoral duties.
· Maintain parish confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other General Expectations
· Always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability and accountability.
· Willing to be able to work at a fast pace with a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
· Willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
· Be ever conscientious of the need for confidentiality.
· Always exercise discernment and wise judgment.
· Be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
· Have a non-lackadaisical attitude with the willingness to seek new information, training, and resources when needed.
· Able to create an environment that is inviting to people passing through on a daily basis.